Jonathan Campau Provides Tips on Selecting the Right Agent for a Property Search
By Story Console
How do luxury home buyers and elite rental clients track down the best realtor to serve their needs? Time and security are of utmost importance in today’s fast-paced and overly connected world. However, the typical home or condo buying experience has, in general, remained an extremely tedious and inefficient process. So how are real estate experts connecting with the upscale clientele seeking to purchase or rent luxury properties and providing a smooth and productive exchange that meets their demands?
Jonathan Campau, CEO of Luxuri, a real estate company specializing in up-scale properties, says real estate agents are not all that hard to find. Although, he adds there are too many that simply scour social media (Facebook, Instagram), take names at local clubhouses and exclusive venues, and plaster their name and face on signs and billboards. With that many agents vying for attention and business, what are the important steps a prospective client needs to follow when selecting someone to help with a purchase or elite rental?
Jonathan Campau lays out four essential steps that will help anyone select the right agent for the job:
- Do Diligent Research. Don’t waste time with an agent trying to over-sell themselves, whether on-line or in print. Campau says instead, dig beyond the initial marketing gimmicks and get real information about their qualities, approach to business, and overall track record in real estate.
- Request Referrals. A search should lead to a realtor who is well-regarded and respected in the business. Campau advises to hunt for a specialist who works hard for their clients and whose reputation proves they get the job done right – the first time. Make sure they are willing to hustle, have true grit, and can deliver an efficient buying experience.
- Match the Agent with the Product. Campau shares the most successful real estate transactions occur when an agent is familiar with both the specific property type and location their prospective buyer is interested in. This step is important but becomes essential if the client will be making a purchase from out of town and trusting the agent to deliver the perfect property.
- Meet the Agent. Be wary of big-name agents who spend large amounts of dollars on advertising their company and services. Always meet an agent before securing their services. Interview them just as you would a new employee to ensure they are, as Campau says, the real deal. Don’t be afraid to say NO.
Jonathan Campau added it is always important to be a good client, making sure the agent clearly understands what is important in the property search. Having a distinct list of needs and desires shows the agent a buyer is not only prepared and qualified but also serious about making a purchase and moving forward. Remember, they are interviewing the potential client as well.
As a warning, Campau advises even the most breathtaking homes on earth may have issues with construction or have hidden traps. Some agents are much more thorough and work harder for their clients than others. An agent should be prepared with all selling information and property specifications available to them and be able to answer questions about properties beyond the simple advertising material provided by the seller.
Luxuri features multi-million-dollar properties for sale and short-term rental in multiple cities including Miami, Washington D.C and Aspen, Los Angeles and Greece. The company also has a fleet of exotic cars, yachts and exclusive concierge services available for their elite client base. Follow Jonathan Campau on Instagram @luxuri.ceo and get more information on Luxuri at www.Luxuri.com.
- Owner defends against property claims of ACS board member | Local News
- ‘Will Fully Cooperate in Any Investigation’
- Tornado, strong storms destroy dozens of homes in Southwest Florida
- Cremated remains of dozens reportedly found in former Akron church; authorities won’t confirm
- UK’s most searched for location to buy property