IKEA will pay you to return old furniture at select stores
by: Kiah Armstrong, Nexstar Media Wire
(ABC4) – If you’re tired of looking at old furniture that you bought last year from IKEA, the retailer has announced that it will now pay customers to bring back old furniture.
The IKEA buyback and resell option has now been made available for 37 of its U.S. stores, including the location in West Sacramento. As a way to help pave a path toward sustainable living, the company has brought back the initiative that was launched late last year.
How does it work?
You start by filling out a form on IKEA’s website in order to receive an emailed quote of the buyback value for your furniture. Customers are asked to bring a copy of their quote, buyback number, and fully assembled furniture to your participating IKEA store where an employee will assess the furniture’s buyback value.
When you buyback, you will get store credit and your furniture gets a second life in the As-Is department.
What are the buyback requirements?
According to IKEA, the following categories of products are not currently eligible for the furniture buy-back service:
- Non-IKEA products
- Home furnishing accessories including lighting and textiles
- Add-on units and componentry
- Products that have been used outside including outdoor furniture
- Mattresses and bad textiles (such as blankets and mattress toppers)
- Kitchens including bench tops, cabinets, and fronts
- Modular wardrobes and accessories
- Electrical appliances and products
- Chests of drawers
- “Hacked,” modified or painted products
- Non-assembled products
- Market Hall products (including small kitchen goods, art, rugs, and picture frames)
- Upholstered or leather products
- Sofas or armchairs
- Items containing glass (including mirrors)
- Children’s and baby products (such as cribs, mattresses, and change tables)
- Beds and bed frames
The retailer said on its website that large quantities and commercially used items are exempt.
Suggest a Correction
A&G Real Estate Partners E&G Real Estate G Real Estate Co G Real Estate Company G Real Estate Llc G Real Estate Logo G Real Estate Utah H Real Estate Bahrain H Real Estate Logo H Real Estate School H&B Real Estate H&R Real Estate Investment Trust H&R Real Estate Investment Trust Dividend H&R Real Estate Investment Trust Stock H&S Real Estate I Mexico Real Estate I Real Estate Broker I Real Estate Lawyers I Real Estate Logo I Real Estate Management I Real Estate Taxes I Think Real Estate Ireal Estate Pro P&G Real Estate Real Estate Games Real Estate Georgia Real Estate Gifts Real Estate Greenville Sc Real Estate Groups Real Estate Groups Near Me Real Estate Hardy Ar Real Estate Hashtags Real Estate Haywood County Tn Real Estate Headshots Real Estate Henderson Tn Real Estate Hernando Ms Real Estate Highlands Nc Real Estate Horn Lake Ms Real Estate In Hernando Ms Real Estate In Memphis Real Estate In Oxford Ms Real Estate Institute Real Estate Internships Real Estate Investment Real Estate Investment Trust Real Estate Investor Real Estate Jobs Real Estate Jobs Memphis Real Estate Jobs Near Me